Lutron Announces 2014 Excellence Award WinnersAnnual competition recognizes project excellence around the globe
Coopersburg, PA (September 12, 2014) – Lutron Electronics, the leader in energy-saving wireless light and shade control, has announced the winners of its annual Excellence Award competition. The announcement was made at the Custom Electronics Design and Installation Association (CEDIA) Expo in Denver, Colorado on Thursday, Sept. 11.
Established in 2003, the Excellence Awards competition recognizes the world’s best total-home control projects using Lutron light, shade, and temperature controls, appliance modules, third-party equipment, and more. More than 100 of Lutron’s residential system providers have been honored since the competition’s inauguration.
Previous winning projects range from an automated doggie door, to the use of a Staples Easy button, to advanced integration and programming techniques that moved manure through a cow pasture – all via a Lutron control system. This year, as in past years, all entries were judged by a panel of independent industry journalists.
The 2014 winners are:
- Best Commercial Project- Audio Command Systems of Westbury, NY
- Best Dressed System- Station Earth of Fergus, Ontario, Canada
- Best Energy Management- Conundrum Technologies of Denver, CO
- Best Engineered System- ListenUp of Denver, CO
- Best Implementation of Lighting Design- Andrew Lucas Limited of London, England
- Best Integrated Home- Station Earth of Fergus, Ontario, Canada
- Best 3rd Party Integration- Evolution Video and Sound of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Best Retrofit Project- Santa Barbara Smarthomes of Santa Barbara, CA
- Best Shade Project- One Button of Brooklyn, NY
- Coolest Installation- Audio Video Systems of Plainview, NY
- Essence of Pleasance- Elliston Systems of Dallas, TX
- Most Clever Shade Application- DEL Motorized Solutions of Bensalem, PA
- Most Creative Application- 3Logic of Krakow, Poland
“These winning projects truly represent project excellence and innovation,” said David Weinstein, Vice-President of Residential Sales at Lutron. “These installers are taking care of their customers with innovative, problem-solving control solutions and helping them improve their home’s energy efficiency,” he said.