Products from Atlona
AT-HDSync (price: 151,00 €, VAT excluded)
Atlona HDMI Recorder, Writer and Hot Plug Simulator with RS232 control. Model: AT-HDSync
Atlona Technologies AT-HDSync HDMI EDID Recorder-Writer with Serial Control is a device that can emulate the EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) information. It stores the EDID information and recalls a default EDID setting in non-volatile memory that supports HDCP handshaking. AT-HDSync allows your HDMI source boot directly from AT-HDSync, so users will not have to worry about losing EDID in a complex set-up which is commonly an issue. It can also read and store the EDID of your HDMI display and even let you modify the EDID and upload the modified EDID to displays (for display manufactures only).
The AT-HDSync can also generate a missing Hot Plug, which sometimes is missing and therefore the HDCP and EDID handshake can't happen. The HDSync will stay inline to maintain the Hot Plug at all the time.
Note: Extended Display Identification Data (EDID) is a standard data format that contains information about a monitor and its capabilities, including vendor details, maximum resolution, color characteristics, factory pre-set timings, and frequency range limits.
Note: There may be references to DDC (Display Data Channel) when discussing EDID, and this information is the same as EDID.
Note: OPTIONAL POWER OVER USB NOW AVAILABLE FOR THIS ITEM!! AT-PWUSB-L
There are many different variations of of where the HDSync could be used; however we will describe a few major applications below:
1. User set-up is Source-->Matrix Switch-->cat5 extenders-->AV receiver-->Display. It is very often that different manufactures work with EDID data and how they pass it to the source. Without the proper EDID, user will not get a correct video nor audio formats sent by the source. In this application, user can experience a few issues:
- a. Incorrect Color Space - which will results green or pink image
- b. Incorrect Audio Formats - which will result 2-channels audio instead of Dolby Digital or DTS
- c. Incorrect Video resolutions - which will result 720p instead of 1080p
The solution to this problem would be using an HDsync to learn EDID of the receiver (AVR) and then placing the HDSync between the source and matrix switch. Once done, the source will think that it is connected to the display rather than going through 4 levels of sources described above. The issue is now fixed.
2. User has the same application as above and getting no signal on the TV. If all the cables are working fine, the problem is going to be a Hot Plug, as Hot Plug is a spike of voltage that source has to receive in order to start a handshake. The HDSync will establish this Hot Plug and Tv will get the signal.
3. User has a few computers connected to a switcher and every time the switcher is selecting a different computer, the computer thinks that it is no longer connected to a monitor and disables the HDMI/DVI port and it takes 30 seconds to establish the connection again once the switcher goes back to that computer. The HDSync can sit in between the computer and the Switch and maintain constant Hot Plug which will result the computer's output to be active at all the time and therefore will result fast switching.
- HDMI 1.3c, DVI 1.0 and HDCP 1.1 compliant
- Built-in default EDID
- Able to read and store the EDID of monitors/projectors/TVs
- Prevent computers from deactivating inactive HDMI ports
- Able to write EDID into the AT-HDSync or the DVI monitors/projectors
- Maintain HDMI video resolution
- RS-232 control allows users to program EDID information directly into the unit
- HDMI compliance: HDMI 1.3c
- DVI compliance: DVI 1.0
- HDCP compliant: Yes
- Video bandwidth: Single-link 225MHz (6.75Gbps)
- Video support: Up to 1080p60 & WUXGA (1920x1200@60Hz)
- Input: 1x HDMI + 1x RS-232
- Output: 1x HDMI
- HDMI connector: Type A (19-pin female)
- RS-232 connector: DE-9 (9-pin D-sub female)
- Model dimensions: 91 x 80 x 27mm (3.6" x 3.1" x 1.1")
- Power supply: 5V DC
3 years parts and labor Atlona Technologies
Price: 151,00 €, VAT excluded.